Position: On Air Host
Job Type: Part-Time 3-10 Hours per week
Supervisor: Program Director
An On-Air Personality represents Radio Milwaukee’s voice in the community. This person introduces programs and music, reads promotional copy and public service announcements, contributes to station social media initiatives and is involved in the overall public presentation of the station. The On-Air Personality’s objective is to maximize audience acceptance and ratings by effectively projecting the station’s desired on-air image. The On-Air Personality will perform assigned responsibilities in a professional manner while following the station format, company policies and procedures, Sate & Federal laws, and FCC rules & regulations while working as an effective team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Host assigned on air shift
- Fill in for other full time shifts as needed
- Voice station promos, liners and IDs
- Participate in weekly music meetings
- DJ and Host Radio Milwaukee events
- Participate in on air fund drives and special broadcasts
- Represent Radio Milwaukee at partner events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with automated radio broadcasting software. (ENCO, Selector, Music Master, Zetta, Etc.)
- The ability to work quickly and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to take direction from Program Director, Operations Manager, Market Manager or other Company manager, and then appropriately adjust performance or behavior as directed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and react well under pressure
- Understands the culture and community of Radio Milwaukee’s target market.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in broadcasting as an On-Air Personality operating audio equipment for both live and automated broadcast
- Experience in voicing and producing audio.
- Live DJ and event hosting experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
To be considered please send cover letter, resume, and a demo of air checks, audio production or on-air work and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, the first round of applicants will be considered beginning July 31, 2021.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Radio Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.