Rhode Island Public Radio dba, The Public’s Radio, has an immediate opening for a Finance Director
The Public’s Radio is based in the historic Union Station building in the heart of beautiful Providence, RI. Home to Brown University, the Rhode Island School of Design and many other universities and colleges, Providence is a haven for artists and entertainers. Providence boasts an eclectic mix of galleries, theaters and museums and has one of the most vibrant culinary scenes in the nation. Rhode Island is surrounded by beautiful beaches and is a short distance from both Boston and New York. The Public’s Radio is a short walk from the train station and is proud to be a bike-friendly business. The ideal individual will have a strong understanding of the verbal nature of numbers, with the ability to translate numbers into words, meticulous attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Under general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Director will have primary responsibility for managing financial reporting and for the financial integrity of The Public’s Radio. This position will be instrumental in the planned growth of the institution.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the finance office and supervise finance associate;
- Responsible for the annual audit;
- Work with audit firm to produce the 990 tax return;
- Prepare and provide financial reports to colleagues, management and board:
- Journal Entries
- Account Analysis
- Prepaid/Deferred Revenues
- Class Accounting
- Grant Accounting
- Variance Reporting
- Restricted Funds
- Cash Flow and Forecast Analysis
- Identify revenue and expense trend analysis; ROI, cost analysis; identify expense savings;
- Approve all purchase orders based on budgetary guidelines;
- Establish and enforce policy and procedures to improve internal controls and systems;
- Collaborate with the department heads to prepare the annual budget and monthly forecasting;
- Prepare the annual Corporation for Public Broadcasting grant application; and all supporting documentation;
- Act as compliance officer for the CPB grant;
- Staff the finance committee;
- Arrange for annual business and benefit insurance reviews and renewals;
- Maintain and improve banking relations;
- Month-end reconciliations and all supporting schedules;
- Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned, including business modelling. Prepare financial reports and documentation for banks.
- Minimum of ten to fifteen years financial management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Ability to manage critical deadlines with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellence in QuickBooks;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes: partially subsidized health dental, and vision insurance; subsidized parking; fully paid life and LTD insurance; bicycle commuter benefit; FSA or HSA; and 401k plan.
Please forward resume and references to careers@The Public’s Radio.org using Finance Director in the subject line. The deadline for submissions is November 30th, 2019. No phone calls please.
Rhode Island Public Radio dba, The Public’s Radio, is an equal opportunity employer.