Rhode Island Public Radio dba, The Public’s Radio, has an immediate opening for a Finance Associate/Traffic Manager
The Public’s Radio is based in the historic Union Station building in the heart of beautiful Providence, RI. Home to Brown University, the Rhode Island School of Design and many other universities and colleges, Providence is a haven for artists and entertainers. Providence boasts an eclectic mix of galleries, theaters and museums and has one of the most vibrant culinary scenes in the nation. Rhode Island is surrounded by beautiful beaches and is a short distance from both Boston and New York. The Public’s Radio is a short walk from the train station and is proud to be a bike-friendly business.
Under general supervision of the Finance Director, the Finance Associate/Traffic Manager will have primary responsibility for supporting all areas of the finance department as well as scheduling and billing of Underwriting (Traffic).
Major responsibilities include:
- Process Underwriting credit card payments; record and reconcile daily cash receipts
- Invoice Underwriting and studio usage; prepare and mail monthly invoice
- Receive, verify, post, and pay Accounts Payable, ensuring compliance with organizations principles
- Schedule all incoming underwriting in the traffic software; produce daily program log, archives PDF’s of logs; reconcile log for missed or moved underwriting announcements
- Process weekly/bi-monthly payroll and expense reports; staff onboarding in web portal
- Essential Roles:
- Bank and Credit Card Receipts
- Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Underwriting Contracts & Credit Reviews
- Payroll Data Input
- Grant Accounting, matching gifts, class codes
- Support Finance Director: assist with reports, annual audit prep, filing
- Minimum of five to seven years relevant experience in A/P, A/R, Payroll
- Ability to manage critical deadlines with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellence in QuickBooks;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes: partially subsidized health dental, and vision insurance; subsidized parking; fully paid life and LTD insurance; bicycle commuter benefit; FSA or HSA; and 401k plan.
Please forward resume and references to careers@The Public’s Radio.org using Finance Associate in the subject line. The deadline for submissions is November 1st, 2019. No phone calls please.
Rhode Island Public Radio dba, The Public’s Radio, is an equal opportunity employer.