Underwriting Account Executive
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. (RMPM) is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
The Account Executive is responsible for supporting and continuously increasing Rocky Mountain Public Media revenue with an emphasis on radio underwriting revenue. Job duties include sale of on-air messages, online ads, sponsorship of outreach events and other KUVO Jazz (89.3), THE DROP (104.7), Rocky Mountain PBS, World, Create and related digital products. The position develops new business and provides continuing account management through a consultative "value-aligned partnership" sales approach. The Account Executive is also expected to support the department with client/market research, proposal building, traffic instructions, and other administrative duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains productive revenue pipeline through prospecting, research, meetings, proposals and networking and updates all in Salesforce
- Responsible for managing the generation of new and existing Corporate Partnerships, with a primary focus on radio partnerships in collaboration with the Underwriting Department, as related to revenue targets agreed upon with VP of Corporate Partnerships.
- Utilizes their experience and relationships in the market to drive radio, television and digital revenue
- Drafts and finalizes underwriting agreements including schedules and costs
- Maintains own, and helps support team's, account records, traffic orders, receivables, database input and tracking in Salesforce
- Provides outstanding customer service and communication to all clients, vendors and internal staff
- Qualifies client copy points, and writes copy that adheres to RMPM and FCC guidelines
- Ensures timely collection of accounts receivable when needed
- Keeps VP of Corporate Partnerships updated on account and prospect status through weekly meetings, weekly reports and phone calls
- Attends sales team meetings to ensure annual individual and team goals are met
- Works collaboratively withal other departments to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donor prospects with the support of the Philanthropy team including individuals, corporations, and foundations where opportunities may exist
- Actively participates in RMPM's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training program. Uses key standards and teachings of DEI training in all aspects of their work.
- Represents KUVO Jazz (89.3), THE DROP (104.7) and Rocky Mountain PBS with values-aligned behavior at all times
- Other duties, as assigned
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the communities served by RMPM in Colorado
- Proven media, philanthropic business development and/or grant-writing experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent RMPM with a positive, community-oriented attitude
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments to accomplish mission
- Ability to prioritize projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of Salesforce, Microsoft office suite, Outlook, CRM database
- Ability to operate remote communication tools (teleconferencing, Zoom, conference call bridges, etc.).
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION
Persons interested in this position must apply at https://rmpbs.isolvedhire.com/jobs Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Weekend and evening hours may occasionally be required
Rocky Mountain Public Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, Rocky Mountain Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.