Traffic Media Assistant
Calling all detail-oriented and creative minds! Here is a golden opportunity to support the premier public media resource for all Coloradans.
Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS to discover provocative and inspiring local, national, and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
This position assists the Programming and Corporate Sales teams with Programming, Traffic and Corporate Partnerships and Sales functions. Primary duties include coordination for all contracts for digital scheduling and execution of daily radio logs. The Traffic Media Assistant also provides backup support on television spot placement, addresses traffic spot performance, and assists with monthly billing and underwriting contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Programming and Traffic
- Serves as primary coordinator for all contracts for digital scheduling and execution of daily radio logs.
- Serves as backup support on television spot placement; entering underwriting contracts and spots and attaching flights for proper placement in the broadcast logs.
- Addresses traffic spot performance, billing, affidavit, and invoicing questions in a timely manner with the utmost attention to detail.
- Assists with monthly billing and providing support of all underwriting contracts and detail for RMPM.
- Working effectively and efficiently with sales reps, traffic team, and clients to manage make goods and rescheduling per client preference as required.
- Daily checks of underwriting spots in radio and television logs as they are completed.
- Training and communicating deadlines and procedures to Corporate Sales team to ensure guidelines are being followed.
- Assists reporting on contract metrics (setting benchmarks, measuring progress toward goals, and evaluating past performance).
- Coordination with Corporate Sales team to ensure that programming initiatives and schedules are communicated. Work to determine possible promotional priorities for top-performing series sells.
Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
Qualifications of Position:
- At least 2-4 years of relevant media experience is preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter, requiring little to no supervision
- Creative problem-solving skills and collaboration skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Project management experience preferred
- MS Excel proficiency strongly desired
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Myers ProTrack or other traffic software is beneficial
- Database management experience is a plus
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at https://www.rmpbs.org/about/jobs/ Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant's professional experience and achievements.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.