Who We Are:
Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service on air at 89.3 KPCC, online at LAist.com and through KPCC In Person. Since our founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative, multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to one another.
SCPR is looking for a seasoned Marketing Automation and Growth Manager with a deep knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and marketing automation. This is a hybrid role: you should bring a combination of solid technical skills and business acumen. Email subscribers are among our most loyal audiences, and your work will help us continue to serve them better.
You will work in close partnership with our digital product, membership, content, and underwriting departments to build a world-class newsletter product, and share our award-winning journalism with an ever-growing audience. You should have a solid background in data-informed decision making, agile product development, strong presentation skills, and the ability to work across multiple departments with varied needs.
Everyone at SCPR wears many hats - we hope your closet has room, because you will too! Our newsletters are part of a broader digital product suite, so your broad set of technical skills will be a huge benefit to all of our digital products.
The Marketing Automation Growth Manager plays a critical role in building and improving our newsletter and fundraising email products, which includes:
- Build and maintain complex user journeys
- Increase email open rate, inbox placement, click-to-open rate
- Proactively identify improvements to existing newsletter products
- Plan and build micro-newsletters
- Build and continuously improve on email/newsletter templates
- Analyze and improve newsletter and transactional email campaigns
- Implement subscriber journeys, including warming and re-engagement campaigns
- Advise and support content producers on best practices and email improvements
- Boost open rate, CTR, reputation score and subscriber acquisition strategies
- Help define email product roadmap, milestones and KPIs
- Monitor inbox placement, fix and/or prevent blacklist placements
- Other duties as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Computer Science degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with enterprise ESPs, specifically Marketing Cloud
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Expert in HTML, CSS
- Intermediate or better SQL skills
- Salesforce Sales Cloud expertise, specifically integrations with Marketing Cloud
- You care about the details
- You excel in an interdisciplinary team
- You seek perpetual growth
- You have a desire to understand and try out new technologies
- You find working creatively with constraints around resources, time, and ambiguity exciting
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- SalesForce certifications, especially Marketing Cloud/Exact Target
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with digital media, specifically news media
- Committed to the mission of public radio
Reporting To This Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- May be required to work from home
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.