Who We Are:
Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service on air at 89.3 KPCC, online at LAist.com and through KPCC In Person. Since our founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative, multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to one another.
The Brand Communications and Audience Growth Manager for Southern California Public Radio will be the go-to expert for brand communications, social media engagement strategies, audience growth strategies and overall audience engagement strategies across platforms. The role will be responsible for managing all organic and paid social media efforts, PR efforts, email marketing strategies (in collaboration with other departments) and other relevant communications tactics, with a primary goal of increasing the reach and engagement metrics that can lead to more KPCC, LAist and LAist Studios listeners/viewers/fans, event attendees, loyalists and members. This position interfaces heavily with the product, content, events and membership department. This role requires executive level communication and a significant knowledge of organic paid media strategies and how they are impacted by legal compliance for ad copy, targeting, images, video, etc.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of overall communications strategy and audience engagement/growth for KPCC, LAist, LAist Studios across platforms, inclusive of: email, social media, websites, PR, events, B2B and B2C campaigns and others.
- Responsible for the audience engagement strategy, social media content strategy and production, and the programming/scheduling strategy for all relevant social platforms, working with internal teams and external consultants/advisors.
- Responsible for all the copywriting functions of the organization for any communications material, collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners, advisors and consultants.
- Responsible for executing social promotion strategies, fan engagement strategy and execution, and managing social coverage of live events.
- Lead creation of social-first content assets for brand development and marketing initiatives, creating and distributing custom content for larger initiatives.
- Develop, manages and operates all paid social media strategies for the organization (in some cases with the support of third-party vendors).
- Work closely with the editorial, product and membership teams to gather and operationalize strategic insights from analytics and historical data, establish benchmarks, and work toward KPIs and goals.
- Develop social media marketing strategy and execution for key initiatives and campaigns.
- Responsible for managing (in collaboration with Marketing Manager) the overall relationship with PR agency.
- Develops and executes influencer marketing strategy for the organization and specific key initiatives, in collaboration with the Head of Talent.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related subject area; OR equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in brand communications, social media marketing and/or social content creation or distribution strategies.
- Minimum two years of experience in communications strategies and copywriting.
- Minimum one year of experience in paid social media campaigns and email marketing or newsletter creation and distribution.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Extensive social media knowledge and content development experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube, as well as staying up to date on emerging platforms.
- Experience in Sprinklr publishing and reporting, Facebook ad manager, Facebook Business Manager Insights, Keynote presentations, and various social media scheduling and reporting tools (Sprout Social, Social Bakers, Buffer, Buffer Analyze, Shareablee, ListenFirst, Tubular, Crimson Hexagon, others).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Video production skills (using mobile devices or small portable cameras like GoPro and similar).
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and presentation skills.
- Polished in presentation and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion.
- Highly creative mind with a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proven competency across email marketing and newsletter platforms.
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality, as well as precise attention to detail and sound judgement as it relates to brand safety.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.