Texas Public Radio is a mission-driven, award-winning, multimedia organization serving an audience of more than 280,000 across a wide expanse of the state. We are non-profit and community supported. We are looking for a Membership Development Associate who appreciates public radio. This team player will support the Development/Membership Department’s mission to grow revenue and membership through new acquisitions, increased retention, major donor gifts and grant funding.
The Membership Development Associate will prepare member correspondence; support preparation and execution of all membership drives, and assist in maintaining accurate records including regarding financial contributions. Additional responsibilities include: researching, recommending, ordering and delivering member thank you gifts; processing and delivering bulk mailings to the post office; supporting grant and major donor administration and ensuring that donors receive a high quality customer service experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports membership growth and increased retention through follow up of strategic plans and membership team programs.
2. Assists in providing high quality donor service by properly documenting financial contributions and addressing questions and concerns in a timely manner, assuring a positive member experience.
3. Assists in preparing donor correspondence and premium fulfillment for mailings; exhibits mastery over office equipment; loads and unloads premiums into vehicles and delivers mailing to the post office in person.
4. Assists in preparing for on-air pledge drives. Updates scripts to submit to the Traffic Director for productions; writes script cards for use on air during drive; coordinates with digital, marketing and other departments for additional support and to accomplish assigned tasks.
5. Takes active initiative in multiple projects including fundraising, events, requesting and coordinating volunteers, developing and streamlining member communication, delivering mail, and managing membership team communication calendar.
6. Oversees the process of procuring thank you gifts for TPR membership including research, ordering, processing, delivery and mailing to individual members.
7. Assists with grant and major donor administration needs including proposals, program coordination, documentation, calendar management, and reporting.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
Must have at least two years of customer service experience. Experience in a non-profit environment is a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Exhibits strong proficiency in Outlook Office Suite and familiarity with database programs.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Excellent customer service skills.
Able to perform accurate data entry and attain proficiency in using membership software.
Detail oriented and possesses strong organizational and time management skills.
Must have a valid Class C driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation.
Using fingers to make small movements such as typing or picking up small objects.
Frequently conveying detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, clearly, and quickly.
Able to hear average or normal conversations in person or by phone.
Frequently and regularly using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or other materials.
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. May have to lift folders, files, papers, audio/video equipment, and other items weighing up to approximately 25 lbs.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please note where you saw posting when applying. Texas Public Radio is an EOE employer.