Position Description and Performance Expectations
Classification: Part Time/Full Time, Non-Exempt
Responsible to: Executive Team - Chief Executive Officer & Chief Operating Officer
The position summary describes current duties and responsibilities for which the employee will be held accountable and evaluated upon. The bulleted items represent some, but not all, of the performance measures, which may be used in evaluating performance. Job duties, workweek parameters, and responsibilities below may change from time to time, at the sole discretion of the organization, as other needs may arise.
This position will start as a part-time position and may become full-time, non-exempt position. The Administrative Support Specialist will be responsible for high level administrative and operational duties and support, reporting to the Executive Team.
Maintaining high standards of administrative and operational work, the Administrative Support Specialist duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage communication and coordination with Board of Directors and Community Advisory Board and related committees.
- Assure compliance with all FCC and CPB rules and regulations.
- Maintain FCC public file.
- Provide administrative support for office facilities and fleet assets.
- Maintain organization’s written history, corporate files and filings.
- Plan and prepare for Valley PBS Board of Directors’ meetings including ensuring required public notices occur and are in compliance, creation and distribution of agenda packets, taking and transcription of meeting minutes, maintaining Board correspondence, maintaining corporate bylaws and amendments; preparing Board resolutions and arranging for meals as required.
- Plan and prepare for Community Advisory Board (CAB) meetings including ensuring required public notices occur and are in compliance, creation and distribution of agenda packets, taking and transcription of meeting minutes, maintaining Board correspondence, maintaining corporate bylaws and amendments; preparing Board resolutions and arranging for meals as required.
- Assist with special projects, research, event planning, etc.
- Oversee volunteer function.
- Prepare correspondence, maintain files and filing system.
- Assist with appointments/calendar/calls/incoming mail.
- Provide direct logistic support for Executive Team and additional staff.
- Assist other departments in fundraising and event activities as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrate corporate leadership qualities and professional demeanor.
- Self-starter with high initiative in a variety of situations.
- Cooperative and positive attitude with staff, Board members and the general public.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction.
- Ability to “triage” situations to determine best course of action and next steps.
- Work well with others and in collaborative settings.
- Organized; ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed record keeping abilities.
- Clear and accurate communication skills.
- Accurate and timely execution of responsibilities.
- Effective time management.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office software.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in similar or related position at the Executive level within a comparable organization or business. Five (5) years experience preferred.
- Physical ability to perform moderate lifting.
- Must be sighted and have good hearing.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Bilingual/biliterate, English/Spanish.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Experience working with boards, preparing minutes, board resolutions, etc.
- Experience with grant writing, editing and management.
Successful candidates will be required to provide documentation of credentials. Prior to the offer of employment, a background check will be conducted, which may include drug testing.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of working requirements. Individuals may perform duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Please include:
- Cover letter describing how your training and experience meet or exceed the minimum qualifications and job responsibilities of this position. Include specific, verifiable skills that demonstrate competence in as many areas as possible. Please consider the cover letter a representation of your writing abilities.
- Complete application available here: https://valleypbs.org/employment-opportunities/
Application materials should be submitted to:
1544 Van Ness Ave
Fresno, CA 93721
No phone calls please