The person selected for this professional-technical administrative position will serve as a unified employee to effectively manage the implementation and reporting requirements for various grants and projects and promote
s the use of instructional television (ITV) and other distance learning technologies by providing educational consultant services to teachers, principals, staff, and Clark County School District administrators. This position assists staff in the organization, implementation, and evaluation of effective ITV utilization, and other instructional technologies relevant to the District’s ongoing services. The person selected for this position will be directly responsible to the Director, Educational Media Services, Vegas PBS, Operational Services Unit.
- Provides teacher orientation in the use of digital learning objects, instructional TV, video broadcast communication systems, and online programming and technologies.
- Provides orientation in the use of in-school video, video on demand (VOD), and cable distribution systems.
- Assists in the development of teacher-related informational materials, digital learning objects, teacher guides, and promotional materials for utilization in conjunction with locally produced TV programs, syndicated instructional series, special programs, and District presentations.
- Assists in the planning, organizing, and implementation of ITV programming, schedules, and materials.
- Assists with the coordination of ITV purchasing, program licensing, and curriculum advisory committees.
- Plans, organizes, and implements projects and activities, which will foster and increase utilization of distance learning services in the District and community, including online professional development services for educators.
- Interfaces with production crews assigned to educational productions and professional in-service programming to maximize production quality and customer satisfaction.
- Plans, organizes, and assists in the implementation of the Ready to Learn (RTL) project, targeting programs and services for children aged 2 to 12 and child care providers.
- Exercises leadership in the identification and application of distance learning technologies designed to enhance instruction to teachers, principals, media specialists, administrators, and other District staff.
- Manages, plans, organizes, implements, and completes required reporting components of various grants and projects, ensuring established deadlines are met.
- Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
- Currently serving as a professional-technical employee with the Clark County School District or have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory service in a corresponding or related positions, or five (5) years of successful supervisory experience related to the administrative position.
- Proficiency in the use of video and educational technology in a K-12 setting.
- A valid driver’s license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate a motor vehicle in Nevada.
- Ability to successfully complete a writing sample at the time of interview.
- Successful performance in the position held at the time of application.
- Successful experience in leadership roles related to curriculum, instruction, and staff development.
- Experience with project planning, analyzing and interpreting data and making decisions and recommendations regarding findings.
- In-depth knowledge of instructional video technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to help diverse user groups in the use of on-line, digital, and video network systems.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and work independently.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and to encourage the educational community to use distance learning and educational technology as effective tools in the delivery of instructional services and school management.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written, oral, and electronic forms.
- Possess personal characteristics including, but not limited to, tact, effective judgment, and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
This is a twelve (12)-month position with placement on Range 40 ($72,456 - $97,092) of the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule. Placement will be made in accordance with Clark County School District Administrative Regulation 4291 (Placement and Advancement on the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule). Placement higher than Step C ($79,908) shall not be granted to professional-technical (non-licensed) administrators new to the Clark County School District except by decision of the Superintendent or designee.
- For current Salary Schedule information, please visit this site:
- For additional regulation language regarding salary placement, please visit this site: http://www.ccsd.net/district/policies-regulations/pdf/4291_R.pdf
Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) – Information regarding Nevada PERS can be obtained at www.nvpers.org.
Fully-paid employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Family policies are also available.
Six (6) personal leave days each year, two (2) days of vacation accrued each month, and fifteen (15) days of sick leave each year.
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.
Job Revision Information
- Revised: 09/05/19
- Created: 09/05/19
Persons interested in the position and who meet the minimum qualifications MUST submit the required online application through our webpage at http://teachvegas.ccsd.net AND submit a detailed resume to Bernie Goodemote, 3050 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89121 or email Recruitment@VegasPBS.org by 12:00 noon (PST), on Monday, September 30, 2019. To receive consideration in this selection process, the following required materials: three (3) letters of recommendation of which one (1) must be from the applicant’s current supervisor, a current resume, and complete set of college transcripts (copies of official transcripts will be accepted), must be submitted electronically where prompted on the online application, no later than the closing date specified above.
Current and previous employers may be contacted for references, and applicants for this position are subject to a thorough background investigation. Please direct all questions to the Administrative Services Department at (702)799-5484.