WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1 and WABETV. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Major Gifts Officer
The Membership Team enables WABE to carry out its public media mission by raising monthly and annual contributions from individuals for TV, Radio, and Digital program support, as well as special projects at WABE. The Membership Team is responsible for relationship building through campaigns and direct response solicitations, member engagement, and events to provide WABE with the economic resources to pursue its mission. To meet and exceed revenue goals, the Membership Team coordinates with all other departments at WABE, as well as multiple external vendors, as appropriate.
Reporting to the Director of Major and Planned Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer support WABE’s efforts to grow membership revenue from high-level donors. This is a strategically important position for the organization which includes panning and implementing major gifts campaigns integrated with other WABE multi-channel campaigns (on air, web, digital, direct mail, telephone). This position will focus on systematically increasing the number of major gifts to WABE to support the strategic plan. This position is also responsible for helping to process Planned Giving bequests to the organization. This position supports Major Gifts and Planned Giving pipeline development through cultivation of Cornerstone Society donors..
The successful candidate will have a proven fundraising track record, a range of skill sets including effective donor cultivation and networking, oral and written communications, knowledge of donor research and CRM systems, generous cross-team collaboration, board engagement, and presentation development and delivery. Experience in public media major gifts fundraising is highly desirable.
This position will also stay in tune with national benchmarking data, attend public media webinars, learn from colleagues at other public radio and tv stations, and make presentations at meetings.
• Lead outreach efforts – research, list-building, relationship-building – for major gifts programs and projects as assigned.
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors and prospects with a focus on increasing the number of annual Major Gifts, the average size of Major Gifts, and the number of donations above $1,200.
• Execute strategy to cultivate highest potential donors and report out regularly on results.
• Engage in personal networking and leverage the capacity of other team members, senior management and the board of directors to make contacts and engage, secure and retain donors.
• Execute strong stewardship practices including generating regular updates, personalized communications, and creating “insider” opportunities with WABE for donors.
• Help to organize events for Major and Planned Giving donors.
• Support, publicize, and continue to maximize the value proposition of Cornerstone membership and other Major Gifts benefits (e.g. access to ticketed events). Obtain donor feedback regularly.
• Utilize WABE wealth screen data, share and interpret this data with the fundraising team.
• Work closely with Director of Major and Planned Giving to regularly analyze the overall donor file to identify top priority prospects for cultivation.
• Cultivate the major gifts member segment and devise and execute strategies to continuously move donors toward the next giving level.
• Assist with providing prospect lists, outreach materials, and manage communications for two campaigns per year to generate Major Gift contributions to matching funds for on-air membership drives.
• Support development of messaging and draft/contribute to communications (on air scripts and messages, email, direct marketing, social media, etc.) targeted to Major Gifts prospects.
• Assist with securing testimonials from Major and Planned Gift donors for use in public communications.
• Monitor public media giving trends and attend webinars, educational sessions on fundraising, or conferences to identify effective new fundraising approaches and share learning with colleagues.
• Work in close partnership with the SVP-Fundraising, the CEO, and others on relationship cultivation, events, and development and execution of campaigns to maximize engagement opportunities.
• Utilize WABE’s Allegiance constituent database and distribution lists, in addition to Mailchimp, Eventbrite and other communication and donor relations applications.
• Assist with the planning, management, and implementation of programs designed to enhance and strengthen WABE's relationships with major donors.
• Support major giving program that includes donor acknowledgment, stewardship reporting, donor recognition, donor engagement, or events.
• Utilize today’s most effective practices of public media major donor programs while testing new innovative approaches.
• Network with other stations to develop and test new concepts for the major giving program.
• Set timelines and project plans to ensure that all assets and initiatives can be executed on time on each WABE channel.
• Provide regular updates about program performance and write a full review of each event shape future planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Advanced degree or additional fundraising training desirable.
• Preferably 3+ years of public media fundraising experience.
• 3 years fundraising and major donor cultivation experience with proven results.
• Ability to devise and execute strategies and team plans with minimal oversight and to drive execution with team peers, board members, and supporters of WABE.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (with peers and donors) are a must.
• Direct experience engaging boards of directors highly desirable.
• Successful candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to write strong, compelling messages for donor-centered events and campaigns.
• Ability to analyzed data and amend strategies/plans based on findings.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate a complex work environment.
• Commitment to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
• Ability to work collaboratively to design and implement events from start to finish.
• Experience working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, and CRM systems.
• Prior experience in fundraising, donor engagement, event design, in a non-profit, or a public media setting.
• Desire to support and promote an inclusive work environment and cultivate strong, productive relationships across internal WABE departments.
• Must be able to reprioritize projects quickly based on changing needs and new opportunities.
• A curious mind and natural desire to develop, test and evaluate new strategies is essential.
• Strong multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team-player and flexibility to change course.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives).
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org