This position is responsible for programming WBAA's music services. The Music Director will host classical programs, coordinate flow of musical content, maintain music library and manage jazz service and supervise music volunteers and interns. This person will also research and prepare for daily on-air music shift on WBAA Classical service as well as establish daily programming needs, in collaboration with Content Director.
- Bachelor's degree in music or other related area.
- Two or more years of experience programming and hosting classical music programs
- Interview and feature production experience
- Computer literacy
- General announcing experience with demonstrated clear annunciation
- Ability to operate computers and broadcast audio equipment.
- Varied knowledge of classical music
- Strong writing skills
- Purdue will not sponsor work authorization for this position
- A background check is required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement: Defined contribution waiting period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Application form is available at - https://careers.purdue.edu/job/West-Lafayette-Music-Director-IN-47906/597097300/