This position will serve as the news assignments editor as well as a local news host and general announcer. Duties include training, supervising and evaluating professional and student news staff along with conducting interviews, editing and producing news reports and feature reports. The News Director sets the tone for and the expectations of the newsroom and its staff. This position also represents and participates in statewide news collaborations including statewide news coverage, coordination with NPR, election coverage, and more. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism/Mass Communications or a related area
- Four or more years of experience as a news producer/reporter, feature producer and interviewer.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to use standard broadcast audio equipment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong news gathering, reporting and interviewing skills.
- General radio announcing/hosting skills
- Supervisory experience
- Purdue will not sponsor work authorization for this position
- A background check is required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.