Director of Development & Underwriting Sales
WBJC-FM was founded in 1951 and has been an independent locally hosted all classical music public radio station since 1986. The station is licensed to Baltimore City Community College but is 100% financially self-sufficient. This position is in directly associated with WBJC 91.5 FM.
***PLEASE UPLOAD 7 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES***
- Acts as the Head of the Development/Sales team; ·
- Develops and implements the station’s Underwriting sales plans and Development Strategies.
- Sells Underwriting and digital ads;
- Oversees the Underwriting Traffic system/CSM.
- Assists with out-of-station activities;
- Assists with On-Air Fund Drives;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 5 years public radio sales or radio sales equivalent.
- Bachelors degree (Arts or communications preferred.)
- Marketing and non profit fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing software in a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to write underwriting copy.
- Knowledge and experience with Public Radio Fundraising.
- Ability to supervise and motivate station development staff and volunteers.
- Reliable transportation essential.
- Good Interpersonal Communications skills.
- The ability to coordinate with membership and on air departments at the station.
To apply, please visit: https://bccc.balancetrak.com/2020018
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.