Baltimore City Community College founded in 1947 is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, is seeking applications for the position of WBJC General Manager.
The General Manager of Baltimore City Community College’s radio station will provide oversight to the operations and programming of the station; propose and execute plans for revenue support; oversee production projects and other station activities and manage the stations’ procurement needs. This position is responsible for content compliance with FCC, CPB and copyright requirements. Also, in support of the College’s strategic plan, the General Manager will plan and oversee implementation of new technologies, including bandwidth and radio transmitter upgrades; integrate technology into operations and changes in media delivery, including appropriate content development for multiple delivery platforms.
- Responsible for providing leadership, vision, planning, and direction to the radio station;
- Responsible for overall station and FM broadcasting operations including budget management, fundraising, corporate support, programming policy, staffing and personnel management, student intern program, and community relations;
- Oversee programming and production projects;
- Manage station’s procurement needs;
- Responsible for integration of new technology into operations and media delivery, including appropriate content development for multiple delivery platforms;
- Responsible for content compliance with FCC, CPB and copyright requirements;
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, team-building and staff development of operational teams
- Responsible for compliance with other initiatives in conjunction with the College’s mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- **Please upload a minimum of 7 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES, including work and cell/home phone numbers, as an additional document***
- BA/BS in Communications or comparable degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of radio management experience; public broadcasting and non-profit management experience preferred
- Keen understanding of radio and internet broadcasting operations (strategies, tools, methods, techniques, facilities and equipment)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage personnel
- Experience with fundraising, campaign management and/or sales
- Experience with managing a budget and proven success with fiscal responsibilities
- Demonstrated discretion in handling confidential/ sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please visit: https://bccc.balancetrak.com/2020046
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu.