Reports to: Controller
We’re looking to hire an Assistant Controller for our Finance team. In this role, you’ll provide daily oversight of accounting operations and manage Accounts Receivable/Payable staff. You’ll also manage our accounting cycle and closing processes, ensure compliance, maintain integrity of the General Ledger, and lead audits.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Ensure timely and accurate grant reporting and project accounting.
- Monitor and ensure consistent compliance (and documentation of compliance).
- Assist in resolving accounting and financial inquires and/or issues.
- Ensure finance department goals are achieved on time.
What success looks like:
- After 30 days, you’ll know your team and what each staff member is responsible for.
- After 120 days, you’ll understand process flows and have ideas of where improvements can be implemented.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, minimum 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including 3 years of supervisory/management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of project and non-profit accounting and federal grant reporting
- Excellent analytical, interpretative, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
You should have:
- CPA (preferred)
- Experience with system implementation is a plus.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
To apply, please click here