Corporate Marketing Assistant
We’re looking to hire an Assistant, Corporate Marketing for our National Underwriting team.
As the Assistant, Corporate Marketing, you’ll undertake research, marketing, and sales/client servicing. You will also provide support in developing sponsorships for both national corporate as well as local corporate on WETA TV, Classical WETA 90.9 FM, digital platforms, the member magazine, and specific local programming, educational or outreach opportunities. This fast-paced, multi-dimensional position is responsible for undertaking media research, developing marketing materials, establishing product knowledge, utilizing traditional and new media means for lead-generation, and completing operational activities leading to increased revenue for WETA. You’ll be reporting to our VP, Corporate Marketing.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Pull research reports from Nielsen to support sales efforts for WETA TV26 and Classical WETA 90.9 FM
- Update marketing presentation for national PBS sponsorships as new information on programs becomes available and ensuring there is a uniform look to the marketing materials
- Analyze MRI data to aid in looking for prospects for national PBS sponsorships
What success looks like:
- After 90 days, you are familiar with all of the properties and media platforms that WETA Corporate Marketing is selling—multiple WETA television channels, Classical WETA 90.9 FM, WETA.org; WETA national properties; PBS national properties; and WNET national properties—and being able to update marketing materials related to those entities.
- After 90 days, you feel comfortable knowing how to pull audience data from research tools such as Nielsen, MRI, and the Federal Media Marketing Study.
You must have:
- Impeccable presentation, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independent and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of database systems.
You should have:
- Availability to travel locally and some evening/weekend work.
- College degree, minimum 1-year media or non-profit experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.