Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Reports to: Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As our CTO you will be a key member of the senior management team and partner with senior leaders to design and implement a technology vision that is aligned with the interests of the business and ensures the full support for all operations as WETA leads in the digital world.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Meet and collaborate with internal stakeholders within WETA and PBS NewsHour regarding operations, engineering, broadcast, IT and digital software.
- Identify and implement processes and systems to facilitate the effective workflow of projects amongst various internal departments.
What success looks like:
- After 90 days, extensive listening tour of the internal stakeholders in the organization. A thorough assessment of WETA’s operations and technology capabilities; the building expansion project has started and is in process.
You must have:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a content production and distribution environment with a minimum of 7 years in an executive-level technology leadership position.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to gain consensus with internal and external individuals and stakeholders at all levels with diplomacy and integrity.
You should have:
- Strong operational background and ability to oversee the design of broadcast production and distribution systems and processes.
- Solid understanding of current application development tools and practices and with operating systems.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.