Coordinator, Planned Giving
Reports to: Senior Director, Planned Gifts
We’re looking to add a Planned Giving Coordinator to our team. In this role, you’ll assist with all aspects of implementing planned giving marketing campaigns and providing administrative support. We’ll look to you to qualify and fulfill requests for planned giving leads and assist with cultivating and stewarding new and existing legacy society members. You’ll interact with a wide variety of people, including our loyal donor segment.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Manage and monitor all major planned giving marketing efforts and track and analyze results.
- Create donor pipelines by conducting research and donor prospect screenings.
- Generate all correspondence related to new Legacy Society members.
- Regularly update our database to record gifts for donors.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll be familiar with planned giving and development operations of the major and planned giving department, as well as the mission and programming of WETA and PBS. You’ll be able to use our member database, generate reports and upload documents. You will also have the knowledge and confidence to answer donor questions via email, phone or mail.
- After 120 days, you’ll be proficient with our planned giving vendors and be able to track and analyze all planned giving marketing results.
You must have:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen well and conduct conversations surrounding sensitive/confidential topics.
- Strong organizational, project planning and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum of two years’ development or administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events when necessary.
You should have:
- Database proficiency (preferred).
- Knowledge of fundraising fundamentals.
- Experience communication with a mature donor audience (highly desired)
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.