Reports to: Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
We’re looking to hire a Financial Analyst for our Finance Team. You’ll work with staff throughout our department, and across WETA at all levels. In this role, you’ll provide financial and analytical support to help management with decision making, assistant with monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting, and our annual budget process.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Work with departments outside of finance to review results and develop forecasts.
- Prepare and review financial proposals and reports for funders.
- Review year-over-year trends/changes and provide analysis.
- Act as the system Admin for Adaptive Insights, which includes updating and maintaining the system and providing user training.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll be making sense of, and assisting with analyzing monthly financials and drivers of variances vs budget and forecast.
- After 120 days, have started making your impact on the team- improving processes and implementing new ideas.
You must have:
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures, including reporting, analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Experience with financial reporting, or database systems, like Adaptive Insights, Oracle Hyperion, Cognos, or Microsoft Access.
- Desire to challenge the status quo and pursue continuous process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills an be an enthusiastic team member.
- College degree in financial or related field, plus at least three years of relevant experience. Or, equivalent combination of training/experience.
You should have:
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, like Great Plains/Dynamics.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here:
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law