Major Gift Officer, Annual Fund
Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Leadership Circle
We’re looking to hire a Major Gift Officer, Annual Fund for our Major and Planned Giving team. You’ll proactively cultivate, prepare for solicitation and steward donors in the Leadership Circle through the Annual Fund Campaign. You’ll also work to upgrade gifts to the Benefactor level ($5,000) and seek ways to successfully acquire new $1,000+ donors by building personal relationships with potential donors. In addition to acquiring new donors, you’ll develop activities that will increase donor loyalty to WETA. You’ll supervise the Development Associate and provide oversight of major gift recording, acknowledgement and database management.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Work with your supervisor and department VP on implementing strategies to increase membership in and income from WETA’s Leadership Circle.
- Collaborate with other WETA departments to plan and implement a proactive donor cultivation and stewardship program.
- Lead and mentor the Development Associate.
- Other functional/operational responsibilities as instructed.
You must have:
- A college degree with at least 5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of established development practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience cultivating and soliciting major donors, managing donor or membership gift clubs and annual fund campaigns in a public broadcasting, academic, or cultural organization.
You should have:
- A CFRE is preferred.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.