We’re looking to hire a Manager, Data Strategy & Management for our Data Strategy and Management team. In this role, you’ll be an integral member, providing the best data solutions possible to our fundraising teams.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Extract and analyze data.
- Work with internal and external partners to identify and implement solutions to complex data questions.
- Identify areas of opportunity based on your findings and insights from the data.
- Create and document new software procedures based on user need.
What success looks like:
- After 120 days you’ll understand WETA’s processes and procedures regarding database management and have shown your skills to properly query information out of the PL/SQL Server.
- After 1 year, you’ll be providing solid user support to all WETA Fundraising teams.
You must have:
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL scripting and relational database architecture.
- Aptitude with creating Pivot tables/Power Pivots, and querying data using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to integrate disparate software applications to provide appropriate level of analysis and support.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Experience successfully working in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with databases and reporting, preferably in a non-profit membership, or fundraising environment; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
To apply online, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.