Production Manager, Local Projects
Reports to: Senior Director, Production and Creative Services
We’re looking to hire a Production Manager for our Local TV team. In this new position, you’ll be responsible for logistics in producing local WETA television.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Work across multiple departments and with outside vendors to coordinate production elements.
- Negotiate with vendors and track budgets.
- Work closely with producers and understand their needs.
- Thinking two steps a head and have a backup ready.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll know key players and understand process flows.
- After 120 days, you’ll have thought of ways to improve efficiency in production and gained the trust of producers and other colleagues.
You must have:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in video, or film production (or combination of experience and education).
- Reputation for skillfully solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with all staff levels.
You should have:
- Knowledge of union contracts/union staff requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.