Project Manager, WETA Facilities and Building Administration
Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
WETA is in the initial stages of a project which involves the remodeling of our existing headquarters and construction of a four-story addition housing studios and office space. In this role you will assist in planning, coordination and project management of WETA’s ongoing building project. Serving as a liaison to WETA management, the internal and external architectural project teams and outside vendors.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Monitor construction progress and deadlines and share updates as needed.
- Anticipate risks and come up with solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Talk with staff about building project and answer questions, keeping an open mind to staff ideas.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll understand the scope of our building project.
- After 120 days, you’ll feel confident in being our primary liaison and have shown your skills in keeping our critical project milestones on time.
You must have:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to make decisions, exhibit accurate judgment, and be able to back up your decisions.
- Knowledge of construction trades, electrical, mechanical, HVAC.
- Experience managing other complex building projects.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, facilities administration, or related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience including: project coordination/management and facilities management (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.