Senior Director, Research and Data Analytics
Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
WETA is hiring a Senior Director, Research and Data Analytics to lead our new research department. This department will be responsible for both creating and curating research reporting analytics and operational dashboards for the organization. As the leader, you’ll be responsible for the creation and direction of this new team.
On an average day, you can expect to:
- Be a strategic partner to WETA/PBS NewsHour employees to understand how research and data capabilities can assist with operational performance and decision making.
- Clearly communicate findings to the company and executive management team is a way that is understandable and actionable.
- Prioritize on-going and ad hoc projects, reports, and requests based in impact and need.
What success looks like:
- After 90 days, you’ll understand how data is currently collected and what Key Performance Indicators are for each department.
- After 120 days, you’ll have started building a plan on software, systems, and vendors that can be used to extract and analyze the data.
You must have:
- Experience building and managing a centralized research and data analysis function within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to innovate, change and continually pursue process improvement.
You should have:
- BA or BS in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in combined qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Background in public or commercial media is preferred.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran
Send Application Materials To: