Reports to: Director, HR
We are growing our HR team to include a Senior Recruiter. In this role, you’ll provide full-cycle sourcing and recruiting for WETA and PBS NewsHour.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Create a great candidate experience.
- Source candidates using various methods (networking, social media, etc).
- Conduct phone screens.
- Coach and guide hiring managers through the hiring process.
- Find solutions to recruiting challenges.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days, you’ll know our current hiring needs, our recruiting process, and have begun to understand the dynamics and needs of each team.
- After 120 days, you will have built a solid foundation for a growing relationship with the hiring managers and will be making suggestions on how we can improve our processes, improving the experience not only for candidates, but hiring teams as well.
You must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a search firm, or corporate recruiting environment. Experience in media recruiting highly preferred.
- Experience managing projects and owning client relationships.
- Track record of building pipelines and talent communities in a fast-paced company.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: establishing trust and responding to staff with urgency and in a thoughtful manner.
You should have:
- Interest in daily news, public broadcasting, and nonprofit organizations.
- Experience using social channels and other tools for sourcing.
- A self-starting disposition.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.