Senior Unit Manager
Full-Time, Exempt, Regular
Reports to: Senior Director, PC Ops & Production
We’re looking to hire a Senior Unit Manager for our Production Center Management Operations department. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing and reconciling the Production Center Operations’ key financial data and maintaining financial accounting processes between Production Center Operations and Finance.
This position will work a Thursday-Monday schedule.
In an average week, you can expect to:
- Research and provide basic forecasts, analysis and/or financial reports as requested by Sr. Director of Production Operations, VP of Operations & Engineering and the Finance Dept.
- Financial liaison between the Production Center and the Finance department related to Billing, Payroll and the operating budget.
- Reconcile operating expenses and grant expenses with Accounting’s general ledger on a monthly basis or as needed to meet external financial report requirements.
- Serve as an information compliance officer for all internal expense reports, cash advance requests, etc. to ensure proper workflow.
What success looks like:
- After 60 days: After 60 days the successful candidate will be conversant with the operation of ScheduAll, Replicon, Office 365, and all payroll submission processes. The candidate will be familiar the Daily Schedule posting and updating process.
- After 120 days: After 120 days the successful candidate will know the technical capabilities of individual technicians so as cover all required technical positions when changes to the schedule are urgently required because of breaking news, or unplanned staff changes. The candidate will be the scheduling manager on site for PBS News Weekend production activities.
You must have:
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as a member of a team is required.
- Positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Understanding of revenue, expense, budgeting and forecasting techniques.
- Solid computer experience in ScheduAll, Excel and related tracking systems.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in cost accounting, including preparation, tracking and analyzing of budgets.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.
Founded in 1961, WETA is Washington, DC’s leading public broadcasting station. As a PBS and NPR member, we not only serve the DC metro area with our local programming and classical radio station, but also the nation with Washington Week, PBS NewsHour, and our partnerships with Ken Burns and Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Our staff comes from very diverse backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common; we believe in our mission and the service we provide to the public.
We know there are great candidates who may have skills we haven’t thought about. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans and people with disabilities.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.