WFIT 89.5 FM is seeking for a Program Director. WFIT is a non-commercial radio station located at Florida Tech in Melbourne, Florida. WFIT serves Brevard County on the Space Coast, home to 616,000 residents. WFIT is a NPR affiliated station that offers a wide range of programing including eclectic music mix with community volunteer hosts.
- Directs and oversees the station’s on-air sound.
- Manages broadcast automation.
- Supervise volunteer on-air staff.
- Contributes to station on-air fundraising
- Promotes music discovery on WFIT.
- Plans and schedules programing material
- Maintains music digital and CD libraries.
- Work with NPR Content Depot, PRX other program content distributors.
- Ensures compliance with FCC rules and regulations.
- Compliance with NPR and CPB guidelines.
- Coordinates quarterly SoundExchange royalties.
- Coordinate interviews with musicians and special events.
- Liaison with music labels to provide music to station.
- Compiles music chart reports.
- Seeks new broadcast technology to continually improve our service
- Keeps abreast of audience trends.
- Analyze audience research data.
- Contributes and maintains public service announcements and promos.
- Creates and contributes station’s digital content and social media.
- Develop station community out-reach events.
- Creates innovative strategies for audience growth.
- Cooperates with staff and management.
- On-air broadcast experience.
- Effective managerial and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Proficiency with digital editing, studio production and broadcast automation systems.
- Skills to create digital and social media content.
- Knowledge of radio formats and music trends.
- Wide knowledge of music genres and current music.
- Understanding of public broadcasting.
- College bachelor’s degree.
Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Florida Tech does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Office of Title IX at John E. Miller Office Building (401QAD), 150 West University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901, TitleIXCoordinator@fit.edu, or 321-674-8885, or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling the Office of Human Resource at 321-674-8100.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Notifications, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.fit.edu/media/site-specific/wwwfitedu/security/documents/20200776_FINAL2_ASR-MainCampus.pdf
We are an E-verify employer