WFUV, New York City's music discovery station is searching for an Office Manager. Join a great team in one of the world's greatest cities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Office Manager plays a pivotal role in managing the station’s day-to-day facilities operations. The ideal candidate promotes a positive and professional atmosphere and exercises diplomacy in dealing with a vast array of constituents. Must possess superior internal relations, strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and administrative skills, while balancing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Provides administrative support and manages the day-to-day office operations
- Problem solving, project planning and management, development and execution of goals and objectives as determined by the Director of Finance
- Manage student and part-time professional staff payroll
- Implement policies and procedures to streamline and drive cost savings and improvements
- Create and manage an electronic supply inventory system
- Coordinate with department Directors on student staff recruitment
- Recruit, train, and manage reception area staff
- Plan and arrange complex domestic and international travel
- Provide interdepartmental support on:
- Membership drive planning, execution, and volunteer scheduling
- Special Events, including fundraising events, dance parties, auctions, etc.
- Special projects
- Manage annual filings (FCC, EEO, CPB)
- Maintain office tidiness
- Occasional night and weekend availability required
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, relevant experience considered
- Minimum of 3 years as an administrative professional
- Motivated self-starter, collaborator and team player with superior customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Reliable, proven team-player with a positive attitude, and solution oriented demeanor
- Strong sense of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Detail oriented with a proven record of accuracy and completion
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office and G-Suite applications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effectively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
Salary commensurate with experience.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.