METROPOLITAN INDIANAPOLIS PUBLIC MEDIA, INC.
WFYI Public Media is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Job Title: Marketing and Promotions Manager
Classification: Permanent, full time
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
Relationship: Reports directly to the Director, Marketing and reports directly to the Director, Marketing and Strategic Communications, from whom overall direction is received.
Position Description: A strategist with visual chops and a passion for storytelling, the WFYI Marketing and Promotions Manager leads the on-air, online and on-location promotion of WFYI’s content, reporting to the Marketing and Strategic Communications Director. This role serves as WFYI’s champion for both programs and audiences, collaborating with colleagues throughout the organization. The manager shepherds all aspects of WFYI’s multi-platform marketing efforts and builds awareness of the organization’s programs and initiatives to both attract and retain listeners, viewers and supporters.
- Create marketing plans for individual initiatives, programs and the organization’s overall brand, as well as fundraising initiatives.
- Concept, write and edit content for print, web, TV and radio, social media and other channels.
- Establish and manage WFYI’s e-marketing strategy, including matching messages to key audience segments and measuring campaign results.
- Report and analyze data insights related to marketing initiatives and strategies, including but not limited to key overall brand insights, funder reporting, audience analysis and platform-specific outcomes.
- Assist with internal and external communications, collaboratively working with all organizational departments in support of WFYI’s strategic plan.
- Partner with other team members on efforts to expand WFYI’s social media and digital presence, establish visual identities for programs and initiatives and ensure high-impact promotional events and engagement efforts.
- Develop and execute a plan to amplify WFYI voices internally and externally as thought leaders in local media and national public media.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong writing, speaking, interviewing, research and organizational skills with specific attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience or training in marketing, public relations, promotion, media or related field
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with little supervision while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with social media platforms, web and social media analytics, and e-marketing software, segmentation and campaigns
- Flexibility to work occasional evening or weekend hours during special events
- Willing to have fun on the job
- High energy and passion for WFYI Public Media mission and core values of: operating with unquestionable integrity; collaborating with each other and with community partners; respecting everyone; serving with humility; embracing change; delivering excellence every day.
Key Performance Metrics:
- On-time and high-quality execution of key marketing initiatives
- Growth in reach and engagement of target audiences via marketing efforts
- Quarterly brand plans and detailed marketing plans for priority projects, programs and initiatives