Human Resources provides a broad array of services and programs that attract, develop, engage, and retain the talented and diverse workforce that fulfills GBH’s mission to educate, inspire and entertain. HR partners with managers and employees across GBH to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and dignity and can realize their potential. HR’s core services include recruitment of a highly skilled and diverse workforce, the design and delivery of fair and competitive compensation and benefits programs, professional development programs that support the growth of all employees, and effective communication among GBH’s 800+ employees.
The Director of Learning & Development is responsible for the creation, delivery, continuous improvement and coordination of programs such as new hire onboarding and orientation, manager and staff development programs, compliance training, programs specific to Foundation-wide initiatives and engagement surveys.
This position works closely with the HR team to assess employee and manager learning and development needs and to develop and implement L&D programs in support of GBH’s strategic plan and initiatives. The position may also serve on various Foundation-wide committees.
- Design and develop a comprehensive approach to learning and development in support of the Foundation’s strategic priorities and initiatives, including in-house, external, and web-based learning.
- Evaluate and select vendors/external programs to meet identified learning and development needs; oversee and manage external vendors on course development, selection, content, and delivery methods; review available courses and programs for suitability to internal needs; ensure the quality of vendor-originated courses and manage the respective contracts.
- Cultivate a manager and or leadership development program to build and augment managerial skills.
- Working with the Chief Diversity Officer, support GBH’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives through course development and or deployment.
- Oversee the Foundation’s Respectful Workplace Policy training and other required compliance training.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues to recommend and develop employee engagement programs and activities that enhance the employee experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 years of experience leading and developing learning and development activities.
- Experience in successfully managing projects; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of the organization; experience and comfort with presenting to small and large groups at all levels.
- Exhibited skill in working with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences and understanding the learning needs and interests of diverse populations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to write clear, concise, and engaging materials, attention to detail.
- Technologically savvy with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft and Google applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel, experience with Workday preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Staff position