The Associate General Manager Business Partnerships & Corporate Investments serves on the WGCU senior leadership team and leads a team of sales and underwriting professionals. This position is responsible for direct sales and will develop strategies to drive sales revenue for WGCU to both philanthropic corporations, and to clients seeking return on Investments through support of WGCU, and use of WGCU messaging platforms. This position does not identify or seek grant funding, all underwriting is delivered through earned revenue and invoiced payments. The Associate General Manager Business Partnerships & Corporate Investments is a strategic leader sitting at the intersection of sales, marketing and corporate support and is a WGCU brand ambassador in the corporate community and networks with C-Suite executives of companies of all sizes to invest in WGCU. Provides leadership and management of administrative and business operations of WGCU.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight and direction on the operations and administrative direction of the department. Provides solutions to operational problems that have significant impact and extend to multiple areas of the University.
- Collaborates with other WGCU leaders to develop marketing concepts to increase corporate investments and membership support.
- Serves as a liaison between administration and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and procedures, and resolving escalated issues and concerns.
- Serves as a liaison and representative of the Department Head with key internal and external constituents.
- Develops and implements operational policies and guidelines for the department. Ensures that all administrative operations and activities comply with university policies and guidelines.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the division strategic plan. Develops goals and outcomes that align with the strategic plan.
- Manages a team of Account Managers responsible for direct local business, ad agencies, non-profits, and arts and culture partners. Sets performance standards and accountability, and measure performance. Develops growth and development plans to maximize employee performance and address departmental skill gaps. Recruit, hire, and train sales talent.
- Develop strategies to enhance nontraditional revenue opportunities and assists sales team in the field.
- Promotes marketing and sponsorship opportunities on radio, TV, and digital channels. Identifies and estimate monetary value of missed sales opportunities across all media channels. Converts targets from other media including radio, print, online and cable to increase revenue growth.
- Compiles pricing, sales planning, inventory management market growth and revenue forecasting functions to maximize revenue on all platforms and special programming opportunities.
- Analyzes and articulates local ratings, impressions and demographics. Forecasts market variables and revenue potential using industry specific media software.
- Plans and implements special projects as assigned. Conducts research and prepares analyses, reports and presentations.
- Manages departments P & L. Executes trades to alleviate station-wide expenses.
- Participates on a variety of committees and projects as a representative of the divisional vice president.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Three years of professional full-time experience in media and marketing sales management.
- Five years of direct sales experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Five years experience managing a team in client direct and agency business
- Five years experience in direct management of a sales team
- Demonstrated experience in digital sales, radio, TV, and event sponsorship.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, finance and management principles, practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing and advertising tools. Knowledge of sales, marketing, traditional, and new media
- Expert knowledge of Nielsen, Google Analytics Media Audit, Scarborough, Media Monitors or BIA, traffic software for radio, TV, and digital, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
- Ability to influence at the most senior levels of an organization and work across functions, levels, and departments toward shared objectives.
- Ability to collaborate and develop strategic relations with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and business partners.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
- Ability to set the value for WGCU’s public service and audience at approximately 3x the commodities advertising market.
- Ability to use effective decision making and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement in the establishment, interpretation, application, and enforcement of all rules, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance, and motivation.