WGCU Public Media is a joint licensee entering its 37th year of serving one of the fastest growing markets in the country. WGCU-TV is one of the most-watched PBS affiliates in the county and the award-winning WGCU-FM news team is recognized locally, regionally and nationally for their journalistic excellence. The stations enjoy broad community support, a growing endowment and the backing of an engaged and enlightened licensee that understands and values the role of public media in a free society . Southwest Florida features world-class beaches, an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities and is home to 1.7 million people in the WGCU-TV/FM coverage area. WGCU is licensed to Florida Gulf Coast University -- a young, dynamic institution of higher learning that in less than 25 years has made a significant impact on the whole of Southwest Florida. FGCU offers a generous benefits package including paid annual and sick leave, holidays, state and university sponsored insurance programs, and retirement program options.
The General Manager, WGCU provides strategic direction and effective management of all WGCU operations.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the operational management and administrative direction within WGCU and supports the mission and vision of the department and the University.
- Provides guidance and direction to senior management involved in development and community relations, technology and operations, and content for five television and three radio program services, and wgcu.org.
- Leads strategic planning and staffing responsibilities.
- Develops and manages the operating budget to ensure program alignment with fiscal allocation. Purchases equipment, supplies, and services in accordance with university procurement policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and direction in policy development and implementation.
- Develops appropriate technology infrastructure to support all operations.
- Meets the state and federal reporting requirements for all accounts.
- Represents WGCU Public Media to professional organizations at the state and national level.
- Develops and maintains partnerships throughout the University in order to attain departmental goals and objectives.
- Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
- Maintains Financial Disclosure in accordance with Chapter 112 F.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Communications, Journalism, Management or closely related field.
- Eight years of professional full-time experience in television or digital multimedia with at least 5 years’ experience at a senior management level.
- Experience with strategic and financial planning, marketing, fundraising and community relations.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Please visit our website https://www.fgcu.edu/hr/jobs-at-fgcu for additional details and to apply online.
Please visit our website https://www.fgcu.edu/hr/jobs-at-fgcu for more information and to apply.