WGVU MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR - UNIVERSITY RELATIONS
Apply nowJob no: 493454
Work type: EAP - Executive, Administrative, Professional
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Summary: The Membership Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day administration of WGVU, PBS, and NPR general development operations and membership stewardship, while managing a portfolio of entry-mid level and planned giving donors with focus towards growth and cultivation.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- The Membership Coordinator will assist in the day to day administration of all WGVU, PBS, and NPR general development operations, while managing a portfolio of entry and mid-level donors with focus towards growth and cultivation.
- This is a primarily internal-focused position, while there will be some opportunities for general fund and donor development that will be externally facilitated.
- The Membership Coordinator is a key member of the Development team, reporting to the Development Manager. This is an opportunity to join an exceptionally productive results-oriented team and grow your career in philanthropy.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with databases and reporting software
- Demonstrated experience working with members/donors
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- On-air pledge experience
- Public Broadcasting experience
- Assist Membership Officer in conducting WGVU FM and AM Radio Pledge Drives and attain budgeted goals.
- Provide support in the design and implementation of the calendar year-end fundraising campaign, Giving Tuesday efforts, and the fiscal year end campaign. Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills required.
- Planned Gift prospecting/stewardship in coordination with Development Manager.
- Coordinate identification and relationship building of new donors (acquisition and retention) and assist in the development of new fundraising opportunities. Development of the WGVU New Donor Development program and associated goals.
- Database and Membership report generation and maintenance. Prepare reports for CPB, PBS, CDP, NPR and others as needed. Work with Development Manager to track/monitor budget and accounting expenses for development and membership activities.
- Assist with major gifts reports and thank you letters.
- Articulate accurately and effectively, the mission, vision and values of WGVU Public Media, PBS, NPR, and public media in general. Participate in WGVU on air (television and radio) fund drives as on-air talent, support, and at WGVU events.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the development and accounting teams; Development Manager, Membership Officer, General Manager and other staff and volunteers.
- Work closely with WGVU Development manager to conduct day to day Membership responsibilities. This would include administration of the WGVU Kids Clubhouse, Vehicle donations, day sponsor program, station tours, Membership radio drives, PBS Kids mascots, and other duties as assigned.
- Lead WGVU/PBS Passport Customer service efforts and work with the Development and Membership team on Passport communication and revenue growth strategies.
- Work with Development department to achieve all department monthly, quarterly, and annual development revenue performance goals.
- Serve as an assistant point of contact for development and community engagement activities, providing logistical support for meetings, events, and other various programs.
- Be current with best practices within Public Media Membership and Development as well as Non Profit Philanthropy.
- Communicate effectively and timely with customers and station personnel to provide the highest level of service to our customers and colleagues. Handle paperwork and complete all required tasks required to properly service customer needs.
- Represent WGVU with professionalism and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $36,000-$45,000 plus benefits
Department/Division: WGVU Public Media/University Relations
Campus: Grand Rapids
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of WGVU Public Media.