Coordinates and supervisors the interns and work study students at WHUT.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Internal contacts include executives, administrators, facility, students and staff of the department and the university at large. External contacts include WHUT viewers, consultants, and vendors, representatives from other colleges and universities, visitors and the general public.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Actively engage with Production, Broadcast Technicians, Sales, Operations staff to source and create needed metadata, schedule local interstitial television breaks; and underwriting spots, coordinating among all stakeholders the highest and best use of airtime to meet the needs of the organization’s strategy – including Corporate Sponsorship, Philanthropy, Community Engagement, Promotion and Content.
- Responsible for maintaining the broadcast schedules; digital libraries and archives.
- Responsible for performing television traffic duties.
- Responsible for contacting on-air and on-line TV listings to provide the program schedule and relevant updates.
- Compile a list of programs to be promoted with accurate airdate and time for Interstitial Producer and/or production to edit on a biweekly basis.
- Assists with troubleshooting on-air traffic and broadcast-related issues.
- Assists in reviewing new programming pitches for WHUT and provide recommendations to executive management.
- Assists in maintaining the relationship between the programming department and other departments of the station i.e. production.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possess meticulous attention to detail, organizational, communication skills and accuracy.
- Exceptional competence in both oral and written English.
- Experience in Myers Protrack TV management solution.
- Ability to utilize relevant software programs particularly Microsoft Office 365, and cloud-based delivery applications.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of television programming strategies.
- Able to handle stressful situations.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work through challenges methodically.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a strong part of a team.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Television Production, or related field. (official transcript required at time of application). One year of professional work experience.
Note: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The university has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description is not be construed as a contract for employment.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex,sexual orientation,gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans status. Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities or veterans status, Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX should be directed to the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity at 202-806-1280.