About the Role
This position will assist in the production of WHYY-TV’s local restaurant review show, Check, Please! Philly. The Associate Producer will be responsible for booking guests and shoots, developing timelines, scripting, leading field shoots, assisting in studio shoots, making story decisions in edit, and creating social media content. A passion for Philadelphia’s restaurant scene is a definite plus!
WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts interviews and books guests for the show.
- Books shoot locations and coordinates details with location contact.
- Creates scripts for host and in studio shoots.
- Schedules crew for studio and field shoots.
- Prepares ongoing program descriptions for distribution to outside departments.
- Develops and maintains social media for program. Edits original content for social media.
- Maintains production book, including tracking expenses and release forms.
- Oversees editing of shorter packages for broadcast.
- Maintains a regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in production or related field or the equivalent professional experience is required. Familiarity with research, web content and development. Experience with Avid editing a plus.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience in television production, including editing of video and audio material, experience working on short form pieces and previous experience preparing content for multimedia platform distribution is required.
Technical Skills: Must be able to create online video content; familiarity with social media is needed.
*This position is represented by SAG-AFTRA.
*All WHYY employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Proof will be required upon hiring.