The Digital Content Producer works alongside both the WHYY News digital and radio staffs to write, edit and produce content for both platforms. This position distributes content across digital platforms to connect with our audience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce, write and edit content that meets needs of targeted audiences for the web
- Identify top trending stories of the day and determine how to maximize for audience
- Edit and publish stories for both radio and web
- Produce audio/video/photo and text-based stories from wire copy, social media, staff feeds, original reporting, and network feeds
- Take feeds from the field and develop packages on tight deadlines that might include aggregated news, social media, graphics and photos, and audio
- Optimize content for user experience across digital platforms
- Create a daily newsletter
- Produce original stories and other content
- Participate in assignment and decision-making process
- Monitor AP, PBS, NPR and other outlets for relevant stories
- Manage and execute content sharing with partners.
- Maintain a regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related fields of study.
Experience: At least three years’ experience on a professional level producing multimedia content for distribution. Must demonstrate knowledge news judgment and ability to write for web and radio on tight deadlines. Must be attuned to maximizing user experience across platforms and engagement of diverse audiences. Must have demonstrated ability to work both alone and with a team. Demonstrated understanding of content and distribution that connects with diverse audiences is a must.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in a web-production platform like Word Press preferred. Ability to use audio editing software like Pro Tools, Hindenburg or Adobe Audition is required. Must be facile with both the technology of web and radio production and must be able to work with technical staff to further develop the website, identify best practices, and problem-solve. Photoshop, Google Docs, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook expertise is required.
Communication Skills: Strong writing and verbal skills is required.
*All WHYY employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Proof will be required upon hiring.