This position has four primary functions, (1) act as the main liaison between the finance & accounting department and budget managers in the organization; (2) provide key financial analysis to support WHYY’s strategic planning process; (3) maintain and enhance the department’s forecasting models and (4) assist the Director with cash management activities including maintenance of the rolling cash flow forecast and significant ad hoc analyses.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with department and project stakeholders to facilitate the budget and re-forecast process and provides analysis on variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis for finance & accounting leadership to be used for decision support and data insights that drive financial performance planning, and to meet timely internal/external reporting requirements.
- Maintains and enhances WHYY’s forecasting tools and systems required to actively manage P&L and cash flow budgets/forecasts, maintains process and workflow documents, and functions as an administrator of budget systems.
- Works with finance team to produce presentation materials for senior leadership and board of directors to effectively communicate financial performance.
- Works with online bank website and related proprietary models to generate daily cash positioning and other cash management schedules required to make funding decisions and to complete rolling accrual and cash based forecasts.
- Works with accounting team to monitor capital purchase requests to ensure that they fall within budget parameters and policy compliance; evaluates cost capitalization, and all related forecasts to ensure eligibility and alignment back to budget/financial reports..
- Monitors overall profile of investment funds (including 403(b) plan); generates various reports using Morningstar and other sources to support board and investment committee reporting.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field, project management related credentials are preferred.
Experience: Four to seven years’ experience in financial planning & analysis including developing driver based forecast models and designing executive level reporting. Must have solid understanding of accounting principles, treasury & investment reporting, and excellent Excel skills (index-match, if-and, pivot tables). Experience with financial planning or accounting software packages, SQL, and big data analytics are preferred.
Technical Skills: Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with financial planning software packages, various accounting software packages and discreet accounting/project management are preferred. Must be comfortable working with large databases/data sets.
Math Skills: Excellent aptitude for math is required.