WHYY is the leading public media organization in the Philadelphia Region, including Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and beyond. You can access us on television, radio, online, and in the community. We produce more than a dozen programs for broadcast and digital platforms, such as Fresh Air with Terry Gross, Check, Please!, Radio Times, and the Eleanor Amplified podcast. We offer a robust regional news service supported by a newsroom of more than 50. We are also your local PBS and NPR station, bringing you long-time favorite programs, such as Antiques Roadshow, Morning Edition and more. WHYY is a member-supported and a 501(c) not-for-profit organization.
The Web Developer executes strategies through the development of web-based applications. This includes, but is not limited to both server side and front-end logic, internal publishing platforms and any web services and APIs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and test code
- Discuss client requirements with, and propose solutions to, Director of Online Services and Digital Product Manager
- Troubleshoot reported bugs, and develop and apply appropriate technical solutions
- Monitor and maintain Wordpress and Drupal based CMS's
PERIODIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new technical solutions to accommodate user-facing features as defined by Digital Product Managers
- Assure that code is validated
- Assure that web sites adhere to SEO best practices
- Assist with sprint management
Education: College degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Experience: At least three to five years’ experience developing web sites, maintaining content management systems or developing web applications.
Computer Literate: Skilled with computers, takes advantage of new technology, and learns new tools.
Please copy and paste link below and submit an online application...