This position is responsible for programming WJAB's music service. The Music Coordinator will organize flow of musical content, maintain music library and establish and maintain relationships with service organizations and supervise music volunteers and interns. This person will also maintain the WJAB's automation system.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Two years of related experience.
- Proven familiarity with automation, production and music scheduling software. Detailed Digilink-Xtreme experience preferred.
- Commitment to providing a platform for local music and musicians.
- Public, non-commercial background preferred but not required.
- General announcing experience (must provide air-check).
- Ability to operate computers and broadcast audio equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary Urban music such as hip-hop and neo-soul, as well as familiarity with traditional music (jazz and blues, etc.).
- Working knowledge of studio equipment including a basic knowledge of consoles, microphones, CD players, turntables, and various digital resources.
- Strong writing skills.
Please submit the following documents online at http://www.aamu.edu/hr
- AAMU Employment Application
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript (if applicable)
- Samples of work