TITLE: Talk Show/Special Project Producer, WJCT Inc. Jacksonville, Florida
REPORTS: News Director
The Special Projects Producer will oversee the development and production of new WJCT podcasts from conception to distribution and marketing. The creative, collaborative producer can translate ideas into richly layered audio soundscapes, engaging interview segments, and thematically unified podcast episodes. Depending on the needs of each project, the producer will create original content or assist other hosts and contributors in generating ideas, editing scripts, and ensuring that completed programs meet WJCT’s editorial standards for accuracy and quality.
In addition, the producer will work with the News Director as the primary reporter for the ADAPT project and author of the ADAPT newsletter.
WORKS WITH: REPORTERS; CEO; MARKETING ASSOCIATE
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: EXTERNAL PODCAST PRODUCERS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with News Director and CEO to develop, implement, and continue to refine WJCT’s podcasting strategy, based on data and research
• Generate original podcasts, either alone or collaboratively with other WJCT News staff or external collaborators
• Create audio and online promotional content for podcasts
• Work with the WJCT sales and marketing teams to ensure maximum audience reach and revenue for each project
• Work with News Director to manage monthly ADAPT newsletter and ADAPT events newsletter and ADAPT events ADAPT events
• Report on sea level rise and climate change for ADAPT
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Skills and Experience/Licenses):
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Journalism, or Communications &/or equivalent work experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience in sound editing
- Proficiency in Adobe Audition
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Very strong proficiency using computer and Microsoft Office products.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Jacksonville market
For immediate consideration, please forward a copy of your most recent resume and a cover letter to email@example.com