WNIN, located in Evansville, Indiana and operating both a PBS television station and a NPR radio station, is seeking a part-time Grant Writer/Major Gifts Specialist. WNIN serves over a half a million people in the Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois Tri-State area. The position will be responsible for identifying and pursuing opportunities for grants and major gifts to support content, mission and capital projects for WNIN. The position will work in collaboration with the President, Senior Management Team, and Board of Directors to substantially increase local fund raising revenue.
● Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match organizational priorities, using research tools.
● Research and identify new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects.
● Research, identify, develop, and respond to public and private grant opportunities.
● Prepare proposals and grant applications.
● Generates revenue for initiatives and programs through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals
· Maintain and implement funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
● Write reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
● Engages with WNIN board and associated committees to submit proposals and provide regular updates
● Other responsibilities as assigned
WNIN is looking for an accomplished and proven fundraising professional with a powerful non-profit fundraising background with preferred demonstrated skills in raising funds for public broadcasting. Ideal candidate should be an experienced expert and self-motivated, who has a passion for public television/radio.
In addition, candidates should be creative thinkers who understand the rapidly changing fundraising environment. The Grant Writer/Major Gifts Specialist will have excellent communication skills in order to effectively and consistently articulate our mission and values to the general public.
Background and skills needed:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
● Highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
● Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner gather and analyze information skillfully in order to develop alternative solutions.
● Grant writing/managing experience preferred.
• Experience in non-profit or public broadcasting grant writing/fundraising preferred
• Experience in Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns desired
• A proven success record of building community partnerships and working with local/state/national foundations and corporations
• A knowledge of data-driven fundraising strategies
• Ability to learn fund development software is essential
• A bachelor’s degree is required
• An advanced study or graduate degree is preferred
Part-time with opportunity for revenue goal-based commission and/or bonus
WNIN is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send resume, cover letter and at least three professional references to Carlin Beckman @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by mail at:
Two Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708