WNIN, located in Evansville, Indiana and operating both a PBS television station and a NPR radio station, is seeking a Promotions/Marketing Manager.
WNIN serves over a half a million people in the Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois Tri-State area. The Promotions/Marketing Manager will develop increased awareness and viewership of WNIN television channels, WNIN radio station, associated internet sites as well as WNIN owned/managed digital and social sites; instill a favorable community image of the organization with the public by promoting the mission, vision, and accomplishments of the organization through publicity efforts; take a leadership role in engaging the community through station events; maintain a strong liaison and working relationship with other local media outlets and PBS stations; and assist with the promotion and publicity of fundraising campaigns.
- In collaboration with various departments/teams create overall plans to achieve audience development and marketing goals specifically using media that WNIN already owns and manages to cross-promote and improve the reach of station fundraising, content and membership efforts
- Create detailed media plans for specific initiatives, including sourcing and placement of media if necessary
- Produce on-air announcements promoting WNIN’s overall image, programs, and fundraising campaigns, coordinate editing/execution with Production and Traffic departments.
- Write media releases, scripts, copy for brochures and other needed materials for various media.
- Collaborate with various departments/teams to utilize digital collateral, including website, e-newsletter, social media and other forms of digital communication.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Plan and direct development and communication of informational campaigns to maintain favorable community perceptions of the organization's accomplishments and agenda.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, media, and public interest groups.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including viewing guide, magazine, newsletters and annual report.
- Prepare periodic reports on activities
- Assist with other responsibilities when needed.
Background and skills needed:
· A minimum of 3 years in public or commercial media
· 3-5 years’ experience producing television announcements, writing promotional materials and devising marketing and public relations plans
· Visual Arts, oral and written communication skills in varied formats
· Demonstrable computer skills including but not limited to online editing and graphic programs/software as well as basic Microsoft/Google experience
· A minimum of 1 year of non-profit supervisory experience
· Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
· High level of attention to detail, self-motivated, highly ambitious
· Ability to work in team collaborative environments, and individually
· A bachelor’s degree is required
· An advanced study or graduate degree is preferred
Commensurate with experience
WNIN is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send resume, cover letter and at least three professional references to Carlin Beckman @ email@example.com.
Or by mail at:
Two Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708