WNIN VP of Development
WNIN, located in Evansville, Indiana and operating both a PBS television station and a NPR radio station, is seeking a Vice President of Development (VP of Development).
WNIN serves over a half a million people in the Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois Tri-State area. The VP of Development will be responsible for developing and implementing a dynamic and comprehensive fundraising strategy for WNIN. They will work in collaboration with the President, Senior Management Team, and Board of Directors to substantially increase local fund raising revenue. The position will oversee and be responsible for all revenue areas.
1. Integrate Membership, Pledge, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Corporate Sales, Events and Foundation Relations into a successful development plan.
2. Provide leadership in all aspects of WNIN development activities, and build a culture of collaboration throughout the organization.
3. Work closely with the President and periodically report to the board on goals and results.
4. Participate in the development and review of station policies and procedures as they relate to revenue goals.
5. One-on-one outreach and fundraising with high-profile individuals and organizations.
6. Work closely with WNIN program and content leaders to align development plans with rapidly changing viewer trends and modes of programming access.
7. Develop new fundraising models that leverage changing social trends and technology.
8. Articulate the comprehensive development strategy to key stakeholders, promoting cross-functional communication and collaboration.
9. Participate in promotions, marketing and brand development activities as needed.
10. Train, supervise, motivate, and reward development staff.
11. Annually develop and monitor operational budgets and revenue forecasts.
12. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
13. Assist President in implementing a dynamic and comprehensive strategy to ensure the long-term viability of WNIN.
WNIN is looking for an accomplished and proven fundraising professional with a powerful non-profit fundraising background with preferred demonstrated skills in raising funds for public broadcasting. Ideal candidate should be an experienced expert and self-motivated, who has a passion for public television/radio.
In addition, candidates should be creative thinkers who understand the rapidly changing fundraising environment. The VP of Development will have excellent communication skills in order to effectively and consistently articulate our mission and values to the general public.
Background and skills needed:
• A minimum of 3 years in non-profit or public broadcasting fundraising
• A minimum of 1 year of non-profit supervisory experience
• Experience in Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns, and broader fundraising that includes non-profit Membership and Pledge drive components
· Experience in successfully raising funds and awareness through digital/social avenues is strongly desired
• An understanding of donor and viewer support, fulfillment, and call center management is strongly desired
• A proven success record of building community partnerships and working with non-profit Boards
• A knowledge of data-driven fundraising strategies
• Ability to learn fund development software is essential
• A bachelor’s degree is required
• An advanced study or graduate degree is preferred
Commensurate with experience
WNIN is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send resume, cover letter and at least three professional references to Carlin Beckman @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by mail at:
Two Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708