Summary: Working under the supervision of the Assistant Station Manager and working closely with the Membership Director, the Director of Major and Annual Gifts is primarily responsible for finding and acquiring sources of contributed revenue from individual donors and grants. The Director of Major and Annual Gifts will assist with setting related fundraising goals and will be responsible for creating and managing the strategies in order to meet or exceed those goals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and annual gift donors; update progress within Salesforce database.
- Manage a portfolio of major donors, whose annual gifts exceed $1000, as well as prospects.
- Maintains relationships of key stakeholders including donors, grantors, Development Committee, Board and Community Advisory Council.
- In collaboration with leadership, develop Capital Campaign strategy by identifying donor interest in station projects, create giving levels, and track progress.
- Create donor communications, stewardship reports, and other materials tailored to individual donors.
- Identify prospective foundation support for Hear Together/Community Connection feature with goal to expand into all listening areas.
- Collaborate on foundation applications, reports, and letters of interest with Managing Producer and Assistant Station Manager.
- Participate in Fund Drives and other station events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience including: a background in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; initiating and fostering relationships with donors.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills – comfortable with various conversations, presentations and asks; Excellent written and oral communications.
- Self-motivated – must exhibit perseverance and commitment to WNRN mission and its donors, be organized, and enjoy follow through.
- Must appreciate the music played on WNRN, enjoy the experience of local events, and embrace the culture of community.
- Must be a team player, willing to occasionally work long hours at times to get the job done, and be professional when working with artists.
- Travel within the central Virginia area to meet with current donors and broaden engagement of prospective major donors is required.
- Securing large gifts ($5,000+); making cold calls; participation in grant research, writing and submission.
WNRN is a small, nonprofit AAA (Adult Album Alternative) radio station that plays both well-known Americana, Indie, Blues, and Rock acts as well as local musicians. We stress community through music and are a voice for other nonprofits in our listening area. Our listening area spans most of Central Virginia, from Harrisonburg in the west to as far as eastern Richmond. It is run by a small but dedicated staff, and love of WNRN’s mission and music is critical to anyone’s success at the station. Oh, and did we mention? It really helps if you love the music. We highly recommend that you review our website and spend a few days listening to the station before applying.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org