Position: Producer (Full Time)
Reports to: Director of Production
Supervises: No direct reports; however, coordinates activities of assigned staff including technicians during specific productions. Works as part of a team and/or in collaboration with others with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment to achieve results.
Basic Function: The Producer will coordinate assigned productions, research, arrange interviews, conduct interviews, communicate with production crew for assigned productions, log video, edit video, write scripts, track or find talent to track script, work with assigned team for electronic field production(EFP), studio or remote programs as assigned.
Specific Duties (including but not limited to):
- Produce studio productions as well as location productions.
- Produces specials, promotional campaigns or public events programs including graphics and conceptual design.
- Strong writer and storyteller with journalist integrity.
- Conducts necessary research to obtain information required to develop the story or concept.
- Co-produces membership or fundraising campaigns according to established concepts.
- Ability to tell impactful stories and maintain visual cohesiveness by assessing narrative and visual content.
- Coordinates the activities of staff assigned to the production.
- Understands the importance of collaboration and willing to work as a team.
- Successfully complete projects on time and within budget.
- Prepares production reports or maintains log of production activities.
- Works collaboratively with production crew including camera personnel and editors in the development of production.
- Ability to edit on Final Cut Pro X a plus but not a requirement.
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of state/federal broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of broadcast production techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in production and editing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Communications or related field AND four years’ experience in writing/producing programs in studio and on location; OR,
- Six years’ experience in writing/producing programs in studio and on location; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Must have transportation and be available for evenings and occasionally on weekend.
Rhode Island PBS is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
A current resume including education and work experience is acceptable as an application. Please indicate the position for which you are applying. Please deliver, mail or email (NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE)
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
RHODE ISLAND PBS FOUNDATION
50 PARK LANE
PROVIDENCE, RI 02907-3145