WSGE 91.7 FM radio is an independent, public radio station affiliated with Gaston College. The station is recognized for its diverse programming that includes National Public Radio (NPR) and an Adult Album Alternative (AAA) music format along with specialty music genres Beach/Shag, Gospel, Blues and Jazz.
Title: Production Director-WSGE Radio, Part-Time, Temporary, 28 Hours/Week Hourly Rate: $20
Responsible for planning, evaluating, and producing local community affairs programs. Reports directly to the Station Manager/Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the production process from conceptualization to final distribution.
- Generate ideas, research and develop content, select the audio, and contact potential contributors and interviewees.
- Coordinate program promotions to build audience and increase listener loyalty.
- Ensure that NPR and other syndicated programs are scheduled in automation.
- Assist in ascertaining potential underwriters.
- Write and record promos.
- Schedule production time as needed.
- Participate in membership drives and other WSGE events as required.
- Develop and submit program scripts for approval.
- Host a weekly music program.
- Assist in training volunteer staff.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism in representing WSGE and Gaston College, including confidentiality in all aspects of the position's responsibilities and adherence to policies, procedures, and other established guidelines. Adhere to professional accountability and accept responsibility for managing situations and problems.
- Work cooperatively with team members, colleagues, and other departments and functions of the College, contribute positively and constructively to the achievement of team and established objectives, and provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Associate degree (or higher) in communications or a related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in mass communications or a related field preferred.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Two years’ experience as an on-air announcer required.
- Two years’ experience in radio production preferred.
- Experience using iMedia Touch Radio Automation or similar system required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and oversee multiple projects required.
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing work conditions and demands including working various hours and schedules that may include evenings and weekends.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
Apply online only at www.gaston.edu - Employment Opportunities