WTCI, The Greater Chattanooga Public Television Corporation,
is currently seeking to fill the key position of
Producer of Educational Content
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Content and Digital Strategy, the Producer of Educational Content will create, write, produce and edit content for programs, interstitials, promotional and documentary material for WTCI broadcast, social media, educational and online platforms. They will work collaboratively with the WTCI Education Outreach Coordinator in project design and execution. They will play a key role in the operation of the WTCI 45.4 education channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with WTCI Vice President of Content and Digital Strategy, Education Outreach Coordinator, and Vice President of Programming and Traffic to determine the content of programs.
- Manage the development of program concepts to foster an increase in education content/production quality, as well as audience and financial support.
- Plan, schedule, produce, write, direct, shoot, and edit studio and field-based production of education-focused multi-platform programs, interstitials, promotional spots, and program elements.
- Research program ideas and conduct necessary research, including personal interviews, to obtain information required to develop concepts. Will work alongside Education Outreach Coordinator to integrate community and student voice in programming concepts.
- Develop proposals and budgets for programs.
- Provide support in seeking funding for projects from underwriting, foundations and grant sources.
- Prepare and monitor production budget and perform post-production accounting functions.
- Acquire necessary rights, clearances and releases for productions.
- Prepare necessary reports of production activities.
- Participate in WTCI fundraising activities.
- The Producer of Educational Content will be part of an education team of WTCI staff members. In this role communication strategy, branding, messaging, timelines, and other related education related activities will be managed in a team manner.
- Internally collaborates with production, education, business office, programming, engineering, general administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree preferably in Broadcasting, Communications, or a related field.
- Two years of experience in writing, producing, directing, and editing television productions in studio and on-location environments.
- Experience with coordinating and managing multiple projects, assignments, and directing support personnel.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.
- Proven experience working under pressure to successfully meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to effectively search for and utilize internet resources and post video content to the web.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player.
- Proficiency with equipment and programs utilized in video production and editing.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, G Suite, Basecamp.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong judgment, sense of ethics, integrity, and accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
Seed money for this position is grant based. Salary is $35,000 with a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid medical leave, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays.
WTCI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
7540 Bonnyshire Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37416