WTCI, The Greater Chattanooga Public Television Corporation,
is currently seeking to fill the key position of
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Content and Digital Strategy, this Producer will create, write, produce and edit content for programs, interstitials, promotional and documentary material for WTCI broadcast, social media, and online platforms. WTCI-PBS is seeking qualified candidates who have a heart for public service media and are willing to make a serious commitment to support WTCI-PBS in its mission to enrich lives through quality programs and services that educate, engage, and inspire a lifetime of learning and exploration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the production process from concepts to completed programs.
- Plan, schedule, produce, write, direct, shoot, and edit studio and field-based production of multi-platform programs, interstitials, promotional spots, and program elements.
- Research program ideas and conduct necessary research, including personal interviews, to obtain information required to develop concepts.
- Provide support in seeking funding for projects from underwriting, foundations and grant sources.
- Acquire necessary rights, clearances and releases for productions.
- Prepare necessary reports of production activities.
- Participate in WTCI fundraising activities.
- Internally collaborate with production, education, business office, programming, engineering, and general administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree preferably in Broadcasting, Communications, or a related field.
- Two years of experience in writing, producing, directing, and editing television productions in studio and on-location environments.
- Experience with coordinating and managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent writing and interviewing skills
- Proven experience working under pressure to successfully meet multiple project deadlines.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time-management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player.
- Proficiency with studio & field camera systems / studio audio & live audio field recording.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong judgment, sense of ethics, integrity, and accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.
- Web design / HTML
- Drone pilot (licensed)
- Social Media campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of G Suite, Basecamp
- Booking guests for television
- Studio lighting
This is a full-time, salaried position. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid medical leave, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays.
WTCI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to:
7540 Bonnyshire Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37416