WUCF is Central Florida’s PBS television and FM Jazz stations in Orlando. We are Central Florida's Storyteller, encouraging curiosity and learning through compelling content and community engagement, serving 4 million households across the nine-county Central Florida area.
WUCF is soliciting qualified candidates for Client Support Specialist to be part of our team. This position is part of the WUCF Engineering office and will primarily support IT end user client systems with performing desktop support and maintenance for computer and production systems and general technical support to WUCF staff.
We believe that attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to be Central Florida’s storytellers. As we continuously work to build a culture of belonging at WUCF; we encourage Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and multigenerational talents are highly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical and maintenance support for IT Client systems to include high-end production systems with Mac or PC
- Troubleshoot computer hardware and software issues and perform issue resolution
- Perform initial setup of computer hardware and software in accordance with UCF policy
- Perform recurring operational tasks for technology services such as tape backup rotations and software packaging
- Assist with equipment management to include inventory, insurance list, equipment surplus and equipment ordering.
- Assist with creating technical documentation for new client processes
- Maintain computer systems life cycle upgrade, cradle to grave
- Assist other WUCF Engineers with projects necessary to maintain the WUCF TV / FM infrastructure
High School Diploma or Equivalent and 4+ years of relevant experience or relevant bachelor’s degree and 0+ years of experience.
- Understanding of small computer systems
- Knowledge of networking protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMB, AFP, and HTTPS protocols.
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate problem or solution to team members and staff
- Excellent collaboration skills and working with team members
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skill
- Good customer service
$42,367 – Negotiable (commensurate with experience).
- As a PBS-affiliated public media station, you will be able to participate in professional associations with other public media organizations across the nation.
- Professional Development support and opportunities at WUCF.
- As a University of Central Florida department and employer, UCF offers competitive benefits package with many options, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, paid leave, employee assistance program, and tuition waiver.
- Paid Personal Leave Days (Additional Days Off) granted only by action of the President of the university.
- The university’s effort to become more inclusive and diverse through several initiatives.
- UCF School of Performing Arts: Discounted Tickets
- UCF Technology Product Center Discounts
- Employee Discount Program (Pegasus Perks) The University of Central Florida provides employees with an elite collection of local and national discounts from thousands of hotels, restaurants, movie theaters, retailers, florists, theme parks, national attractions, concerts, and events through Abenity
WUCF DEB&I Statement:
At WUCF diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are driving forces behind our mission to be Central Florida’s Storyteller. We strive to be a leader and innovator in telling stories that drive positive change within our community and the world. Our viewers & listeners speak numerous languages, go by different pronouns, and have unique identities. That's why we view diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as mission critical. Together, we have the power to foster a united and inclusive Central Florida community
Interested candidates will need to apply directly on the University website, as we are a university licensee.
Please proceed to the UCF Careers Site and apply: https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/501410/it-client-support-specialist-i